It’s been pretty popular since the dawn of time. Wars were fought to achieve it. Frontiers were forged to obtain it. It has recently enjoyed a surge in popularity (as if it needed it) thanks to the illustrious and eloquent Mr. Sheen. Yes folks I’m talking about Winning.
I got to thinking about winning and was struck by how many opportunities we have to be victorious in our adolescent and teen years (and perform the requisite “We beat! We beat! We beat yo stinking feet! Yall loss! Yall loss! Yall ate tomato sauce!” chant) as opposed to now. I mean back in the day you had:
- Hide and Seek marathons…WINNING
- I Have a Dream essay contests…WINNING
- 6th, 8th and 12th grade graduations/commencements…WINNING
You know I think I went to grad school as much for the student loans and grants as I did in search of that ol’ winning feeling that I’d get on graduation day!
I mean as an adult, how many opportunities do we have for that cloud 9, Nanny nanny boo boo! You can’t catch me!, I’m-kind-of-a-big-deal type of high that we got every 5 minutes when we were kids?
What do we got?
- A high score on Angry Birds…winning
- A lot of ‘likes’ on your Facebook status…winning
- A new recipe that the kids don’t hate…winning
- A raise at work … WINNING (but how often does that happen?)
I love my life—the good bad and ugly—but I’m gonna need some more of those cloud 9 moments. I’m on a quest to find and create winning moments (thats why I’m doing this) and when I find em’ I will be doing the tomato sauce chant. Already have yours? Care to share em?